The California Department of Veterans Affairs and Deloitte are partnering to provide a small business planning workshop for veterans!
Space will be limited and participation will be restricted to the first 50 veterans to register.
Parking will also be limited so arrive early and use the public parking spaces and Light Rail where available.
Also, a parking garage is located on the corner of 13th Street and P Street.
The Deloitte Sacramento office, a leader in audit, consulting and financial advisory services and the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) are co-hosting a Veteran Small Business Planning Workshop for all local veterans interested in starting their own business. This workshop will be dedicated to helping veterans with an entrepreneurial interest not just envision their small business ownership dreams, but provide them with the skills and resources to make it happen. The workshop will provide one-on-one coaching from the Deloitte team through interactive workshops and will be broken up into the following activities:
- Small business presentation by Richard McKinnon, veteran and small business owner
- He will share how he made it to where he is today; what forms to file with the state, what grants are available for veterans and much more.
- Business plan creation workshop with one-on-one coaching from Deloitte
- Deloitte will show how to start the business plan creation process
- Visioning presentation and workshop from Deloitte
- Presentation will show the steps to not only envisioning the goal of becoming a small business owner but what it takes to get there: including personal credentials, capital, etc.
- Q&A panel with veteran business owners ready to answer questions from the attendees
If you are a veteran and interested in starting your own business, we look forward to having you! Please sign up for this event today as space is limited!
WHEN: Friday, June 7, 2013 ~ 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: California Department of Veterans Affairs
Medal of Honor Hall
1227 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
WHAT TO BRING: Business plan, if you have one, and questions for Deloitte & Mr. McKinnon
WHERE TO SIGN UP: Space is limited to 50 attendees so please contact Nate Gillen at Nate.Gillen@calvet.ca.gov to reserve your spot!